Monday 30 September 2013

Ron Jackson: Kankakee can rebound if all residents take action

Be careful what you wish for is one of those lifelong warnings we tend to take for granted. We still do it and often times regret it when we get what we wished for.

Not too long ago Placed Rated Almanac, a publication unfamiliar to me, named our community the 354th worst place to live in all of America.

Being a lot younger then, it really got under my skin. Friends from around the country contacted me wanting to know if this was the place I bragged about. We were the national stickpin cushion for a while and we still have gazebos as a reminder. Yet, we kept right on living and headed into the economic downturn just like the rest of the country.

Like a child, I remember wishing we could be named No. 1 for something. My wish has been granted. Well, sort of. In a list compiled by CBSNews.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment