Monday 2 September 2013

Reddick woman, 21, going to college in China

There'll be no homecoming football game. And no coming home for laundry.

College life is definitely going to change this semester for Reddick's Brittany Ashburn. The 21-year-old international business major is leaving Aug. 27 to study at Shanghai University in China.

"Yes, I'm excited and anxious," said Ashburn, a senior at North Central College in Naperville. "And, no, I can't speak Chinese, yet. I'll be taking classes in Mandarin four hours a day when I get there."

Obviously, Brittany, the daughter of James and Dawn Ashburn, has been thinking about this 7,000-mile adventure for quite awhile.

"We have to study abroad in this major and there's a class that prepares international students. I also have two mentors I've been talking to for awhile," she explained. "There is a lot to learn before you go."

Some of the "Don'ts" on her list:

• Don't talk about the American government or politics at all.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment